I hope you had a great weekend and a nice first advent.
If you loved the Weekend Breakfe(a)st recipe for your Sunday brunch, then you will adore my new recipe for weekdays: your quick and easy breakfast Bacon&Egg Muffin.
Weekdays. It is just so hard to get up early in the mornings, isn't it ? Especially during winter time... It is still dark outside when the alarm rings. It takes me almost three snoozes until I finally wrap myself out of the cosy warm bed... Well, obviously there is not much time left for making a big warm breakfast.
quick and dirty.
Quick breakfast! I needed a solution: the very best Bacon&Egg Muffin. I tell you they are literally as good as your favourite Weekend Breakfe(a)st.
It will even convince all McMuffin lovers. You make it quicker than you can even spell McDonalds.
Free of unhealthy processed carbs, processed fat and refined sugar - made with real ingredients.
Leafy greens are super good for you. Especially in winter time you cannot get enough of them. They are filled with plenty vitamins, minerals and fibre. The Bacon&Egg Muffin will give your body the right amount of protein needed to tackle the week.
You can prepare your Bacon&Egg breakfast Muffins in advance and keep them in the fridge (if they last you that long :P). Simply heat them up in the morning. They are also great when having friends over for a brunch as they look and taste simply amazing!
I wanted the bacon to be extra crispy. Therefore I baked the bacon by itself in the oven for 5 minutes before adding the leafy greens. But of course you can also just bake everything together at once.
ALL YOU NEED:
makes six muffins
- 6 free range eggs
- 6 bacon rashers
- 300g fresh leafy greens (I used rocket salad, but any other green like baby spinach or kale works as good)
- fresh oregano
- coconut oil for greasing pans
- sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT
- Grease the muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each hole in the muffin tin
- Bake in the oven (200°C) for 5 mins
- Take out, fill with rocket or spinach, crack the egg on top and season with salt and black pepper
- Bake again as long as your eggs reach desired consistency. So, less time for a more runny yolk, longer for harder yolk ;)
- Garnish with fresh oregano