The perfect recipe to celebrate the autumn vibes.
Roasted veggies are one of my favourite dishes. It is quick, healthy, yummy. And it works. Always. I tell you, if you belong to those people that avoid all kinds of "health" vegetables, try roasting them! The roast aroma makes your veggies taste so much more interesting.
I love all the different flavours of this dish. The combination of the nutty pumpkin kennel oil paired with the roasted roots and the nice goats cheese... Oh and sweet sour taste of the pomegranate :)
Why is pomegranate good for you?
Pomegranate is so healthy for you, as it is a rich source of important vitamins you need. (especially during winter time!!). Moreover, it is high in free radical fighting antioxidants,
Roots in general have a lot of vitamins and important fibre. Especially, carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A and beta carotene. Beta carotene is great for your skin and which will help you look a lot more tanned not only in summer. Make sure to ALWAYS eat carrot with some other fatty food or to dip it in oil, as it will mazimie the ability to process the vitamins. I for example ADORE my carrot and avocado juice! Beetroot contains potassium, magnesium and iron as well as powerful antioxidants.
The pumpkin kennels are much more than just the crunchy topping. They have highly valuable fats are high in vitamin b and are an excellent source of amino acid tryptophan which makes us happy and effectivly help you to fight any upcoming winter depression.
ALL YOU NEED:
dinner for two
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 1 beetroot, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped - pumpkin works even better!
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsps extra vergine olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- dried oregano and rosemary
- 3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
- a handful of pumpkin kennels
- 1-2 tbsp pumkin kennel oil
- a handful of pomegranate seeds
- lemon zest
- fresh parsley, chopped
- one big piece of soft goats or feta cheese, crumbled
Chop of the veggies.
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Chop your veggies
- Toss all the above ingredients for the roasting together in a large bowl and stir
- Scatter onto a baking tray and roast at 200°C for about 25 minutes until soft and golden
- Add the radishes, sprinkle with lemon zest and crumble the goats cheese on top of your roots
- Top with pumpkin kennels, pomegranate and pumpkin kennel oil