For this dish I got my inspiration from Palaeo in Copenhagen. Its a food store that offers Paleo food only.
Some of you may think What TF is Paleo? So a quick elaboration on that.
In today’s world we are stressed, largely deskbound, consuming packaged and processed foods – all of which can make us sick, fat and depressed. To achieve optimal health, the Paleo lifestyle draws it’s core principles to our genetic predisposition from the Stone Age. recognise ancestors recognising who ate whole and unprocessed foods like grass-fed meat, free range poultry, wild fish, vegetables (including root vegetables,) fruit, berries, some nuts and seeds. Avoid any grains, legumes, refined sugars and dairy.
This egg wrap is really yummy and healthy - i love that thing as you can eat it just any time - for breakfast lunch and dinner. It is low carb and gluten free filled with protein and healthy fibre.
The balsamic and mushrooms go so well together. The lemon gives your wrap a nice sour twist and the almonds are the perfect crunchy bits in your wrap.
You can have it either for breakfast, lunch or dinner - awesome !
- one handful of mushrooms, sliced
- a few almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp flaxseed, ground
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh rosemary
- chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- coconut oil, to fry
- slice of lemon
- one tsp of your favourite Pesto Presto
- sea salt and black pepper
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Roast chopped almonds in pan (no need to use oil) and set aside
- Melt coconut oil and fry rosemary and garlic until soft
- Add mushrooms and cook until golden and set aside
- Wisk flax seeds with egg with chilli flakes, sea salt, freshly cracked pepper and pour into pan
- Add leafy greens and let cook
- Place wrap onto plate and fill with mushrooms, top with almonds, add the pesto and sprinkle lemon
- Wrap it and e a t !