Healthy food is not necessarily be boring. It just needs to be well seasoned with the right fusion of tastes and spices.
I made them for lunch the other day and it was amazing. My family loved the stuffed sweet potatoes. The sweetness of the potatoes are great with the filling. You should definitely try these delicious, stuffed potatoes as well.
This dish is gluten-free, grain-free, lactose-free and vegan and super simple to make.
Sweet P's is how i like to call them. These orange-skinned beauties are also brimming with a host of Vitamin C, potassium and beta-carotene. Moreover they are loaded with vitamin A, vitamin B5, B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin.. Super healthy!
Quinoa is a super grain. Back in the years quinoa was known as "the gold of the Incas”. Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains. Quinoa contains Iron and is rich in magnesium, manganese and Vitamin B2. Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and perfect for celiac people. Moreover it has a Low Glycemic Index which keeps the blood sugar stable and prevents cravings.
Very easy to make and incorporate in your diet. You can swop it for rice, polenta or couscous.
ALL YOU NEED:
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 100g of tofu (non vegan: feta cheese)
- one handful peas, cooked
- one handful of corn, cooked
- one avocado, sliced
- one handful cashew nuts, roasted
- chopped chives
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Mix sea salt, black pepper and olive oil and brush the sweet potatoes.
- Bake them in the oven at 200°C until soft and tender.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling:
- Add 1 cup of raw quinoa, with a dash of salt and two 2 cups of water in a pot, turn up the heat and bring to boil.
- Cover the pot with a lid, lower the heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a plate and add the peas and corn, mix well.
- For the filling: roast the cashews, chop the avocados, chop chives, crumble tofu/feta cheese.
- Slice the sweet potato lengthwise and fill with all your favourite and in the end drizzle a little olive oil.