When you're trying to get your health back on track, there are many ways to detox your way to feeling better. The best way to flush out toxins, however, is simple: lots and lots of water. But you don't have to drink it you can also EAT your water.
Cucumbers and iceberg lettuce contain the highest amount because they’re 96 percent water. In addition to replenishing your body’s fluids the have fiber and minerals.
I made this cucumber salad as a green side dish to my lunch the other day.
It is the perfectly light recipe for summer. When the hot weather hits, nothing is more cooling than a cucumber salad. The mint gives the salad an extra twist. So yum!
My room mates loved the recipe, so I thought I would share it with you.
THIS IS ALL YOU NEED:
- one large cucumber, spiralized or chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgine olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoons agave sirup
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
Optional: for non paleos/vegans : add some feta cheese - it goes amazing with the cucumber
I used my spiralizer. Not only great for Zoodles, but also for Coodles :)
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Soak the red onions in ice cold water for about 10 minutes to tame their bite
- Drain the onions
- In a bowl combine, onions, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, agave sirup, pepper and mint.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Drizzle dressing over chopped or spiralized cucumbers
- Cover and let stand in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. Serve cold.