A friend of mine asked me for a protein rich salad. So here you go! This is the best and easiest lentil salad. EVER.
This salad it tastes just amazing and is made in a few minutes. Of course, using a tinned can of lentils is a lot quicker. Nevertheless, I encourage you to cook the lentils yourself.
It is a beautiful salad with filled with flavours. The combination of flavours is just great. Cucumber goes well with the apple cider vinegar which balances the spicy radishes and savoury lentils. It tastes great cold as well. Feel free to make A LOT and just keep it in the fridge and take it for lunch to work or uni.
You can either chop or spiralize the cucumber. I tried both but I found cutting them look actually a lot nicer.
Lentils are low in calories and high nutrition and good protein. With a protein ratio of about 30% lentils contain one of the highest levels of protein among other legumes and nuts. It makes them an important protein source not only for vegetarians and vegans.
Moreover they are high in fibre which is great to lower cholesterol levels, increase heart health and stabilize blood sugar. Besides, a lot of beneficial nutrients like folic acid, minerals and vitamins they are still low in calories.
ALL YOU NEED:
lunch for two
- one cup of lentils, precooked
- two spring onion, finely chopped
- a bunch of radishes, quartered
- half a cucumber, sliced or spiralized
- parsley, to garnish
- apple cider vinegar
- lemon zest
- extra vergine olive oil
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
cook the lentils
chop or spiralize
combine all ingredients
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Cook the lentils until tender
- Add the spring onion, cucumber, radishes
- Dress with apple cider vinegar and olive oil
- Sprinkle the parsley, squeeze some lemon, crack some fresh pepper and enjoy!