It's Valentines, guys!
What are your plans for today? Travelling somewhere? Surprising your valentine with a little (self made) present? Taking your valentine out to dinner? Or cooking an amazing dish?
Well, for the honour of Valentine's I decided to make someone happy by -surprise! - cooking something nice. I had this dish on my mind for a long time and decided that today is a good occasion for making it.
I went to the fish market to get some fresh ingredients for the recipe. Look at all these beautiful fishiiies
It is a simple dish which is fresh, light and healthy. The cauliflower puree is amazing as it gives great colour while enhancing the taste.
Baking the fish in the oven is a great way to keep it nicely juicy and prevent it from getting too dry. The flavours of the lime and the green chill and the herbs go so well together with the fish.
Vic's Mums Tip
My mum does great fish. Salmon, trout, sea bass, plaice... Any kind in any way. And it always tastes amazing!
She told me a basic rule when it comes to handling fish. In German it is: 'säubern, säuern, salzen' which means as much as first to wash and clean the fish, second to add lemon or lime acid and third add some salt.
ALL YOU NEED:
for two love birds
get it chopping - make the herb topping
combine it all
top it, bake it
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Well combine the chopped nuts, chopped parsley and chopped chilli and some lime juice in small bowl. Make sure that the texture sticks well together
- Wash the fish, sprinkle with lime juice, salt and pepper
- Top the fish with the herb topping
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 mins at 175°C on a lower rack until the fish is cooked and the herb crust is golden brown
- Serve with the cauliflower puree. Be creative use the purple or make both.
- Spoil your valentine - he/she will adore you for that dish
on my new plates! Adoring the turquoise colour :)