It's green -its mean!
Never heard of Broccoli Pesto? It's about time then!
It is an AMAZING combination! No need to blanch the brokkoli as it will become more like a puree than a pesto. Use it raw it will be a lot quicker, easier and it will taste amazing!
I was in search of a creative recipe with BROKKOLI and found this awesome recipe on Green Kitchen Stories. Isticked to their recipe and made it a vegan pesto and used Hemp seed instead of Rarmigiano Reggiano.
RAW broccoli is found to be a lot healthier than boiled one. Eating broccoli raw ensures that all the water-soluble nutrients and vitamins are kept. If you are interested and want to read more about the study on raw broccoli click here.
I love to crust fish or meat with some homemade pesto - it turns out a lot better and crispier when you make it the Parmesan version.
ALL YOU NEED:
makes two cups
- 1 large broccoli (around 2 cups)
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, roasted and shelled
- 1/2 cup of hemp seed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp water
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
optional add in: some fresh basil leaves
- Roast the hazelnuts at 185°C in the oven until golden
- Peel off the skin
- Chuck all ingredients in your blender and push the button
- Here you go your broccoli pesto within no time!