let them eat cake!
Marie Antoinette - what a wise girl. She knew it already there is nothing better than a great cake.
Last week was my mum's birthday and this is how the cakes I made looked like :) Sneak peak of the kitchen. I made the flourless guilt free chocolate cake! Everyone loved it. The other one is a fig cheesecake also super fresh and delicious with a juicy moist texture.
Hop! Get the cake on your plate!
Rich and indulgent made with healthy ingredients only!
It’s the kind of cake you can make in no time and bring to any party. I promise everyone will love it! In France they call it Molleux au Chocolat or 'Molliger Schokoladenkuchen'.
It will satisfy any chocolate cravings you might have. It is made with a few ingredients only. It is dairy and gluten free and free of refined sugar or any kind flour.
ALL YOU NEED:
- 200g chocolate (150g 70% cocoa dark chocolate and 50g normal chocolate)
- 200g coconut oil
- 200g almonds, ground
- 1/2 pck of baking powder, gluten free
- one vanilla pod, scraped
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 4 eggs (use organic or at LEAST free range eggs as they will have a lot more nutrients!)
Feel free to pimp your chocolate cake! Give it some twist with freshly ground orange rind or a shot of espresso or some extra cinnamon. If you like it different - a pinch of chilli goes well with the dark chocolate! A super nice contrasting flavour!
dust with raw cocoa powder and decorate with basil leaves and a juicy orange for the perfect colourful finish!
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a water bath and let cool slightly
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix the all other ingredients
- Add the chocolate mixture and stir.
- Add the eggs and stir again.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C fan forced. Pour the batter into a buttered spring form and bake for 25-30 minutes until the center looks firm. Let the cake cool in the (still warm and slightly opened) oven.
- Sprinkle with raw cocoa powder and decorate