This salad is amazingly fresh in its taste and made solely with a dew simple ingredients.
Grate carrots and apple add some cranberries and walnuts for the extra crunch and voila almost done!
Soaking the cranberries in lime juice is a wonderful sweet-fresh-sour flavour combination!
The salad is great as a main or a side dish for lunch. You can make it ahead and then just keep it in the fridge. As Ayurveda says, raw vegetables and salads are best eaten for lunch when the digestive power is at its peak to avoid any bloating (at night).
Carrots are super healthy for you. Carrots is great as it nourishes your body with high amounts for Beta Carotene with is great for your skin. Make sure that you ALWAYS eat your carrots with a bit of healthy fats like olive oil or nuts. Our bodies can only absorb the beta carotene with fat.
Apple are great fruit. They contain lots of minerals and fibre which is great for health digestion. Make sure to use a fresh and organic one as you keep the skin on.
Walnuts are great nuts for you. They are full of minerals like biotin, copper and manganese, antioxidants and omega 3 fats.
ALL YOU NEED:
- 3- 4 organic carrots, peeled and grated
- 1-2 organic apples, grated
- spring onion, finely chopped
- one handful of walnuts, chopped
- handful of cranberries
- juice of one fresh lime
for the dressing.
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- walnut oil, but extra vergine olive oil will do fine as well
- apple cider vinegar
Now. Lets get dressed!
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Mix lime juice and cranberries and let soak for at least 30 min
- In a bowl combine cranberries, grated carrots, grated apple and chopped walnut and spring onion
- In a dressing jar combine, mustard, honey, lime juice, apple cider vinegar and oil and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Pour dressing onto your salad and mix well
- Time to enjoy!