This is detox #2
This recipe is a recommendation of my friend Viola. She found it on Fabian's paleo blog.
As I am currently super busy studying there is not much text to read.
Just a few sentences about Wild Garlic or Ramsons- also known as 'Bärlauch' in German.
It is a lovely spring herb. Wild garlic grows in early spring in weed-like abundance in woods and even in unpromising-looking urban green spaces, filling the air with its aroma.
Why is wild garlic good for me?
Given its antibacterial, antibiotic, antiseptic and anti ... well, just about everything, properties, it makes sense to pack as much into your diet as you can. The headline health benefit of garlic is its effectiveness in reducing blood pressure and a great cleansing effect due to a large amount of fibre.
ALL YOU NEED
- a big bunch of wild garlic leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped - I used a couple more as I loooooove garlic
- 400ml of hot water
- 250ml coconut milk
- one tablespoon of coconut oil
- sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and nutmeg
- styrian pumpkin seed oil for topping
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT
- Melt the coconut oil and fry the chopped garlic
- Wash the wild garlic and add it to the pot
- Add the coconut oil and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the hot water and puree the soup
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes until nicely creamy
- Season with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper and nutmeg