Happy friday, everyone!
This is a throwback of my easter baking!
I had those zucchini left in the fridge and I thought why not try to bake a healthy zucchini bread. It was a little experiment and improvised but it turned out great!
The Zucchini Bread
The actual recipe said to add some sugar. But as I am not a very big fan of sugar I reduced the amount and swopped using coconut sugar. Cinnamon and vanilla gives it a nice sweet taste. Adding Chia and flax seeds does not only add extra healthy fibre and nutrients but also a nice nutty taste.
This bread is low in carb. I admit not totally no-carb but some healthy carbs through a lot of fiber- Thanks to my Dad's mill I made fresh quinoa flour - it makes the loaf totally gluten free!
The Zucchini Bread is nicely moist and fluffy at the same time with a nice crust on the outside :)
Check out this easy to follow recipe!
ALL YOU NEED:
makes one loaf
- 1/3 cup raw coconut oil, melted
- 2 fresh organic eggs
- 1 tbsp chia ceeds
- 1 tsp flax seed
- 2 cups organic zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- zest of one organic lemon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder, gluten free
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, milled as flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar, (or raw brown sugar)
- pod of vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
freshly milled quinoa flour - divine!
Add baking soda and salt and stir well
combine the 'dry' ingredients
Grate the Zuchhini
Melt the coconut oil...
..and mix all wet ingredients in a bowl
Crack the eggs and beat it!
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
It is pretty easy: mix the 'wet' ingredients, add zucchini and then stir in the 'dry' ingredients
- Mill the quinoa flour and combine with baking soda, salt and stir well
- Melt the coconut oil, add the coconut sugar
- Beat in one egg at a time and stir until well combined
- Add vanilla and cinnamon they need the oil to unfold their tasty flavour
- Add the grated zucchini
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamy mixture
- Add the lemon zest and your flax and chia seeds and stir until well combined- feel free top your bread with some additional chia and grated zucchini
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown
- Let cool on rack
Ready to slice and enjoy!
Why not try it with some healthy nut-ella? Find the recipe here.
indulge yourself - 100% guilt free
Enjoy with some healthy nut-ella spread - make with sole raw cocoa powder and roasted hazelnuts!