You can never go wrong with apricots and almonds!
This is a flavourful and portable treat. It is a great snack providing you with a lot of energy! These Apricot Almond Mysli Bars are so good for work, gym, uni and on the go.
I used gluten-free oats to make it eatable for celiac. The initial recipe said to use brown sugar and honey. However, I swopped the sugar part with raw coconut sugar with is a lot healthier option for sweetness.
ALL YOU NEED:
makes about 12 mysli bars
- 150g rolled oats - I used gluten free
- 100g dried aprictots, finely chopped into pieces
- 50g almonds
- 50g coconut, desiccated
- 50g pumkin kennels - the austrian ones from styria they are simply the best!
- 50g sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 rice cakes, crumbled
- 150g agave syrup or honey
- 50g raw coconut sugar or brown sugar - optional, depending on your sweetness
Combine all your dry ingredients in a bowl
Add melted coconut sugar.
Scoop onto baking tray and press firmly.
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- In a medium sauce pan slowly melt agave syrup, raw coconut sugar and salt. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine almonds, apricots, oats, coconut, flaxseed, oats, rice crisps and sesame seeds.
- Add the 'wet' sugar mixture wet to the dry ingredients an stir until everything is well combined.
- Transfer granola mixture into a pan which is lined with baking paper. Make sure to spread the muesli mix out evenly. Pressing with a spoon to flatten the surface until the bars are about 1 inch in height.
- Bake the tray of bars for 18 to 20 minutes at 180°C until the edges and tops starten to brown golden.
- Cool to room temperature for about an hour. Refrigerate the bars for at least 2 hours for easier cutting. Then cut the bars into desired muesli bar shapes.
For on-the-go you can wrap them in baking paper as you can see below. Then its a lot easier to carry around. You can store the apricot almond granola bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. In case they last that long :)