Summer is BBQ season,
and probably banana season!
For those who haven't - you should definitely check out my banana ice cream recipe as well!
Why only put savoury food on the grill. Try to grill sweet next time. There’s nothing like charcoal grilled fruit, whether it’s these banana beauties, grilled (pine)apple or other fruit baked in the oven- it’s not even more delicious when heated, but also easier to digest by our bodies.
I promise my BBQ BANANA BOATS are a MUST try recipe for everyone!
The texture combination is supreme. The bananas have a nice and mushy texture when heated. Mixing it with crunchy toppings like chopped nuts or granola is amazing.
Think out of the box.
I always encourage you to be creative. Therefore, feel free to try and fill your banana boat with whatever you like best. I found peanut butter, coconut flakes or goji berries are great fillings too.
Note: When it is not summer or you don't have a grill or bbq at hand, you can of course you can use an oven just like me today :)
ALL YOU NEED:
- one banana
- a drizzle honey
- dark chocolate chunks
- a pinch of cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- walnuts, chopped
- Optional: vanilla (soy) ice cream
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT
- Cut the banana in half, keeping the peel, and gently opening from the slit. Place the split banana on a large piece of foil,
- Fill your banana with a drizzle honey, dark chocolate chunks, walnut pieces, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Tightly wrap the foil around the banana making sure that all the contents are not going to fall out of the foil!
- Next place the foil wrapped banana on the open flame or grill and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the banana is soft and chocolate is melted
- Enjoy warm and serve with (vegan vanilla) ice cream!