EAT YOUR GREENS!
This pesto is simply amazing and a definite MUST-TRY for you. It is so much better and also cheaper that store-bought Pesto. Moreover, very healthy as it is rich in healthy fats.
Pesto is so versatile and I love to add it to any of my dishes. Try it as a Pizza topping, on Pasta or Zoodles as a dip or on salad!
ALL YOU NEED:
makes one big jar
- one avocado
- two handful of cashew nuts, raw or dry-roasted
- the leafs of one basil tree
- four handful of fresh baby spinach
- two or three garlic cloves
- one teaspoon of salt
- the juice of half a lemon
- Two tablespoon of Avocado Oil and extra for topping, Extra Vergine Olive Oil works as good aswell
Optional: crushed chilli
All it takes is a minute of your time.
Place all your ingredients in your mixer, press play and have a great fresh homemade green pesto!
Green, greener, the greenest!
Eat your greens!
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
As simple as is it:
- Place all ingredients in your mixer/blender or use a "Zauberstab" which is a hand blender.
- Blend until well combined and spoon into a clean glass jar.
- Top it with some olive, for keeping it fresh!