Today's recipe and post is a little health challenge.
For all those who doubt zucchini or cucumber-noodles. The zucchini noodles are the zoodles, sprializing cucumber makes them become Coodles.
This post is for all my pasta lovers who would never try vegetable noodles. One of my very good friends, once said - there is no substitute for REAL pasta. He would n e v e r try these "weird vegetable spirals". Today, I am going to prove him wrong.
This is the proof.
I made a little experiment. I cooked both, one plate of 'real' pasta made out of durum wheat and one plate of cucumber-noodles. And then, I will let him see and taste the difference. I chose cucumber-noodles as they don't need to be cooked. Whereas, I prefer my zoodles to at least be boiled in the sauce for a while, as I believe zucchini need to be cooked a little in order to avoid bloating etc.
Healthy fast food.
No excuses allowed! Most of my friends tell me - "Yes, I would love to, BUT I don't have time to eat healthy. Seriously?! Bad excuse! Healthy does not always mean it takes forever....- This what I am trying to prove wrong. Especially, this recipe is such a q u i c k y ! I think making this post took me ten times longer than making the coodles. It is super healthy and super fast. Ready, steady, go...!
Let the Pasta vs Zoodles challenge begin. See what looks and tastes best.
Lets have a look.
I am sure I can totally convinced my friend. And y o u too!
ALL YOU NEED:
for one coodle bowl
- ne fresh organic cucumber, spiralized
- 3-4 tablespoons of your homemade Avocado pesto
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seed, freshly ground
- one pinch of sea salt
- one cup of leafy greens, - I used a mix of baby kale, baby spinach and rocket
- ne handful of red currants
Pasta VS Zoodles
Have your Avocado Pesto ready.
Spoon-y time. Simple raw.
Sprinkle with some Parme-sesame
To keep my recipe vegan friendly I used freshly ground sesame seed and a pinch of sea salt instead of grated parmesan. Feel free to swop of course.
Have a guess!
It's up to you now : WHO IS WHO?
Is it Pasta? Is it Noodles? Is it Zoodles? What is it then?
It's C-OODLE times!
Who would have guessed? Just for the record, the pasta pictures are on the left. There is hardly any visible difference, nor a different taste - surprisingly! The cucumber noodles are a lot quicker to make - no cooking needed - and don't lie heavy in your stomach! A healthy pasta version for any day!
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Spiralize your cucumber and place them in your bowl.
- Spoon over your freshly homemade avocado pesto and add leafy greens.
- Mix well - I use my hand - until well combined.
- Top with some red currants for a zesty twist
- Mix the pinch of sea salt with the ground sesame seed and sprinkle the sesame-parmesan over your pasta coodles.
- Done, so quick!