My brilliant black bean brownies are super moist, sweet and healthy. Easy and delicious.
Healthy brownie bites.
They are low in carbs while being rich in protein. Ideal for sporty peeps that need an extra protein boost for muscle building. They have a lot of fibre as they curb any sweet cravings.
Besides being super fudgy, chocolatey and delicious, it is gluten free, rich in protein, hardly any carbs
Ridiculously simple. The Best blender brownies.
Today, I will show you step by step how to make the best and healthiest brownies you have tried so far. All you need to prepare the dough is: a blender or food processor. And then step by step you add your ingredients and hit 'start'. You will end up with a nicely smooth cream.
Ops, she did it again.
Yes. I experimented again. Weird idea eating a vegetable inside a sweet dish.
( If you have not tried my other brownie recipe - Go for it! They are literally heaven in your mouth. So nicely fluffy and moist.)
To give you a hint: I am a big fan of black beans. And I am an even bigger fan of BROWNIES. So I brought the two of them together.
The secret ingredients.
Last time it was sweet potatoes. What's so special in this brownie recipe? This time it is BEANS. And I dont mean the coffee beans which I make the espresso with. Real beans. Black beans. I used Kidney beans in this recipe and it worked very well :) I used dried kidney which I soaked in water and cooked in a pressure cooker the next day until soft. Instead of refined sugar I used a very ripe banana and a handful of dates. For the extra chocolatey twist just add some dark chocolate nibs.
ALL YOU NEED:
Makes 16 magic brownies
- 260g of cooked black beans, I didnt not have any black beans, so I used kidney beans which worked out very well - in a hurry you can also used washed and drained beans from a can
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1tsp of natural vanilla extract
- 4-5 heaped tbsp of raw cocoa powder
- 2 eggs (if you want it more moist use 3- if vegan simply swop with flax eggs)
- one ripe banana
- 6 medjool dates or normal dates soaked in hot water for about 30 minutes - If you like it sweeter add some more
- 2 espresso shots
- 3 heaped tbsp of coconut flour, other gluten-free flour like corn, buckwheat or millet should work fine too!
Optional: 50g of 70% dark chocolate chips - used a small bar of marzipan almond chocolate
Best blender brownies.
The blender or food processor. You essential item in this recipe.
the eggs until nicely light and bubbly.
Banana and dates,
on a date.
Make sure to soak your dates if not using the Medjools.
Find the missing -
Baking powder, coconut flour, cocoa & salt.
Last but not least. Add the espresso and - hit the blender!
into a paper lined pan.
with chocolate nibs.
in the oven at 180°C for about 20 mins.
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
In your blender:
- Beat the eggs. And hit the blender.
- Add banana and dates. And hit the blender.
- Add kidney beans. And hit the blender.
- Add all other missing ingredients - coconut flour, salt, baking soda, the espresso shot and raw cocoa powder. And hit the blender.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes at 180°C until firm texture. Make sure not to over bake them!
Congrats, your d o n e ! Enjoy some hand warm pieces straight out of the oven.