THE POKÉ BOWL
Sushi is totally last season. Poké is in everyone's mouth. That's what the people are now talking about!
But most importantly, what IS Poké actually?
Poké are raw fish chunks that are marinated in soy sauce and sesame oil together with raw onion and scallions and then either eaten by itself or in a Poké Bowl topped on rice, quinoa or salad or all together. If you ask me it is a little bit like a mix of ceviche and deconstructed Sushi.
Poké originated from Hawaii but has quickly become very popular across national borders. The Poké Bowl is not only super healthy due to a high amount of protein, vitamins from greens and healthy carbs from grains. Poké is also a great dish for summer when you don't really feel like cooking. You can marinate the fish in advance and then pop it in the fridge for 2 days and top up your Poké Bowl whenever you feel like it - no cooking necessary!
Awesome right? Let me show you the recipe how to make your Poké Bowl in 3 easy steps!
ALL YOU NEED:
für 4 fish lovers
- 450 g fresh fish, tuna or salmon works best
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 400g grains like rice or quinoa or both
- green salat
- pickled ginger
- obst, wie mango, papaya oder ananas
- nori seaweed
- red cabbage
- nuts like macadamia, pine, peanut etc.
I kept it simple and just used avocado, lettuce and pine nuts for the full fish flavour.
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Chop the fish in small chunks
- Combine the fish and all other ingredients for the Poké in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Make your bowl: As a basic layer place the rice, salad or quinoa in your bowl, add the fish and decorate with your favourite toppings
Why we love Poké?
Poké is not only pretty to eat. Poké is perfect for summer as it needs not cooking and it super fast to make (in advance). You can marinate the fish and keep it up to 2 days in the fridge.
Poké is it also a healthy lunch dish: The protein of the fish, combined with healthy carbs and fresh veggies and fruit, you nourish your body with a lot of essential enzymes and vitamins.