Happy Weekend, Lovers!
This is one of my very favourite breakfast recipes. My friends asked me a lot how to make my green superfood smoothie bowl at home. Instead of telling each of them, I am sharing this post.. :) making all our lives easier!
It such a great smoothie recipe. You dont need many ingredients and not much time to make it. Perfect for busy weekday morning. I always have a little safety stock to make my superfood smoothie ready at home. Some frozen bananas and spinach in the freezer and at least one avocado at home :) Thats so simple as it is.
The new superfood
Prunes and figs! I love the combination of adding soaked prunes and figs. They give a nice sweet subtle taste and make the bowl a lot more creamy. Also as they are packed with everything to push you in the morning. Plenty of fibre, nutrients and minerals.
ALL YOU NEED
for one big smoothie bowl
FOR THE BOWL
- one banana, frozen and chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- one cup of spinach, fresh or frozen
- one tablespoon of green matcha powder - or some other green superfood like chlorella or spirulina powder
- 2 dried prunes, soaked in water overnight
- 2 dried figs, soaked in water overnight
FOR THE TOP
I used on green sliced Apple and some goji berries.
But feel free to put on whatever superfood you have at home. For some inspiration, what about some: cacao nibs, dates, sunflower seeds, flax seed, chia seed, coconut flakes,
HOW TO MAKE
Your Green Superfood Smoothie Bowl.
Start with the prunes and figs. Place them in a little jar and soak them in water overnight. Then place all ingredients for the bowl in a blender and hit start!
Blend it baby!
You want all ingredients to be well combined.
Looking just like this beauty!
Scoop the smoothie in your bowl and then top with your superfood toppings!
Some chopped green Apple or goji berries - loving the colour contrasts!
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Start with the prunes and figs. Place them in a little jar and soak them in water overnight.
- Then place all ingredients for the bowl in a blender and hit start and blend until well combined
- Place in a bowl
- Top with your superfood toppings