It is the quickest salad you have ever made. It does not only look beautiful with it colours, it is healthy and tastes amazing. Plus, as we learned - here - you should eat your fruit as an appetiser.
I love the combination of orange, moroccan mint, sea salt and olive oil. An unbeatable mix of flavour you do not want to miss out on. It is so refreshing, too. The creamy avocado offsets the sweet sour oranges.
ALL YOU NEED:
for two plates
- one big avocado, sliced with my new >
- two oranges, peeled and sliced
- fresh moroccan mint leaves, chopped
- extra vergine olive oil
- sesame seed (I used black and white)
- sea salt flakes and freshly cracked black pepper
Instead of my usual sea salt flakes I used hand harvested lava salt from Iceland which I got as an early present for Christmas (Thanks again, Anna <3)
As many people have asked me now where to buy this special salt, I did some research and finally found it on Amazon:
Want the perfect Avocado slices?
Then this AVO slicer is a MUST-Have for you!
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Slice the oranges lay out on plate.
- Pour olive oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds and freshly chopped moroccan mint leaves
- Top with avocado and season with sea salt and black pepper
Love the colours.
Make this the first course of your lean New Years menu - as the ultimate healthy start into 2015.
Click here to continue to the main dish: Roasted chestnuts and brussel sprouts with dates and bacon with an oven roasted lemon turmeric spiced chicken leg. So, yum - believe me!