OVEN BAKED FLATBREAD PIZZA
ALL YOU NEED
to make this flatbread pizza
FOR THE PASTRY
- 225g flour, I used gluten free buckwheat flour
- 100ml of water (Make sure it is lukewarm!!)
- 50ml oil like canola or sunflower oil
- one pinch of salt
- one tablespoon of white vinegar
If you don't have enough time and don't need to worry about gluten free ingredients, a store-bought puff pastry will do (In German stores you will find it also as Blätterteig)
FOR THE TOPPING
- one cup of my great Spicy Apple and Onion Chutney - I make a fresh batch just for this recipe. Click here to find the recipe.
- half a pumpkin, sliced into thin pieces
- 100g feta cheese - vegan version: swop with tofu
- 4-5 rashes of bacon - if vegan leave this out
- one handful of almonds, soaked overnight
- 3-4 dates, soaked overnight
- Fresh rocket salad
- fresh spring onion, chopped
- Fresh lemon juice to sprinkle
The Flatbread is so delicious. It needs a bit of preparation as you need to prepare the dough and soak the almonds and dates for a while. But it is SO worth it.
The homemade flatbread is just epic.
The taste is so special. There is a nice sweetness from the dates, cooked apple and roasted pumpkin. The bacon balances the sweet taste very well with its salty twist. There is a light spice from the spring onion, chillies in the chutney and the fresh rocket salad on top. The bacon, almonds and the buckwheat pizza crust are nicely crunchy going well with the soft pumpkin.
Now I will show you how to make this epic gluten free flatbread at home.