Time to cool down
with a NICE bowl of
Raw Banana Ice-Cream Sorbet.
This Banana Sorbet Ice Cream Recipe has been on my To-Do List for a very very long time. Why so long? Well, Copenhagen pretends to play "Ice Age". The temperature has still not climbed above 20 degrees, so I really DON'T feel like something even colder at the moment.
However, I had a little Banana Crave and thought this is the best excuse making my Nana-Nice-Cream. Plus I have this stupid theme song stuck in my head..
Ba- NANAs in pyjamas...
My reminder screenshot help for making the easiest, healthiest and best ice cream ever. No additives not dairy or any other supplements needed. You can serve it to all of your friends. YES! ALL of them! The vegans, gluten-free, dairy allergic and those on a no-sugar, detox, beach bikini body or whatever diet. Jackpot!
Just taste the p u r e ba-NANA flavour.
Look how it's done:
just 5 simple steps.
Have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert - anytime!
I didn't expect the Ice cream so become so nicely moist and creamy. It is literally heaven in your mouth. A healthy Ice cream you can eat as much as you like - dream come true!
ALL YOU NEED:
makes three to four big ice cream scoops
- one or two nicely ripe bananas
Optional Extra toppings or add-ons: add a pinch of cinnamon, ginger or cardamon. Or mix in one tablespoon of organic nut butter like peanut (so good!), cashew, sesame, hazelnut or almond butter. For some extra sweetness feel free to add honey, agave or maple syrup. Or why not top with some dark cocoa nibs or crushed and roasted nuts.
Time to get naked!
Strip your Nanas out of their pyjamas...
Cut them into even coins and place in sealable plastic bag.
Chuck in the freezer until solid.
Blend until super-smooth and super-creamy.
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
- Peel the bananas and slice them
- Put them in a plastic bag and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Blend the banana coins in a small blender and pulse. They will turn into small crumbles first (eventually scrape down the blender) - and keep blending until you get the creamy and smooth soft serve texture.
- Time to add your optional mix ins now.
- You can either eat your nana ice cream now if you prefer it softer. I like it more solid and scooping it out of the jar. Therefore, I scoop the nice cream into an airtight container and freeze it again until solid.
- Then you can easily scoop it out into a jar or waffle.
Heaven in your mouth!
My raw, vegan, gluten, lactose, sugar, guilt-free banana sorbet.